Overbygning/Mobil elektrisk motstandssveising av skinner
- 1 Scope
- 2 Welding process
- 3 Procedure approval of the welding machine
- 4 Approval of the Welding Contractor
- 5 Weld production and acceptance requirements
- 6 Weld identification
- 7 References
- 8 Change log
This specification sets out objective requirements for mobile flash butt welding of rails on the rail network of Bane NOR.
This specification applies to welding of the following rail profiles according to EN 13674-1:
This specification applies to welding of rails with profile class X and straigthness class A according to EN 13674-1
This specification applies to welding of the following rail grades according to EN 13674-1:
2 Welding process
The welding process shall comply with the requirements given in EN 14587-2
3 Procedure approval of the welding machine
Each individual welding machine shall be approved according to the approval procedure given in EN 14587-2
3.1 Fatigue testing
- Fatigue testing shall be performed according to the Staircase test method as described in EN 14587-2, Annex C.
- Minimum mean fatigue strentgh is 245 MPa for all rail grades.
3.2 Approval requirements for rail grade R370CrHT
Approval of rail grade R370CrHT shall be carried out in accordance with EN 14587-2 with the following additional test requirements:
- For the grade R370CrHT, micro examination in accordance with EN 14587-2 shall be carried out additionally.
- For the grade R370CrHT, the hardness test in accordance with EN 14587-2, Annex E shall be carried out additionally. The results shall be in accordance with the following requirements:
- minimum hardness shall not be less than 345 HV30 obtained within 10 mm each side from the fusion line.
- maximum hardness shall not exceed 430 HV30 obtained within 10 mm each side from the fusion line.
4 Approval of the Welding Contractor
The Welding Contractor shall be approved according to the procedure given in EN 14587-2
5 Weld production and acceptance requirements
- Weld production testing shall be performed according to EN 14587-2
- For each weld, test records shall be produced and retained according to EN 14587-2
5.1 Geometrical acceptance criteria
The straightness and flatness shall fullfill the requirements of Weld alignement class 1 according to EN 14587-2
6 Weld identification
- The weld shall be marked at the time of production by such a means that it can be identified in track for a period of at least 5 years.
- The means of weld identification shall permit traceability to the records and information obtained at the time of production.
|EN 13674-1||Railway applications - Track - Rail - Part 1: Vignole railway rails 46 kg/m and above|
|EN 14587-2||Railway applications - Track - Flash butt welding of rails - Part 2: New R220, R260, R260Mn and R350HT grade rails by mobile welding machines at sites other than a fixed plant|